Ways on how to manage Speaking Anxiety
Glossophobia – the fear of public speaking
- It is the single most common phobia (fear)
- Approximately 75% of people experience this
- You are not alone in your fear
- You cannot eliminate your fear but you CAN manage and reduce it.
* Prepare carefully–know your material
* Practice–rehearse your talk with a friend
* Know your audience
* Do some warm up exercises to reduce adrenalin levels before the start of the speech (Deep, rhythmic breathing (4 hold 7)
* Dress comfortably and appropriately for the situation. Look your best
* Get out of yourself–engage the audience
* Speak clearly–enunciate
- Open your mouth–do not mumble
- Slow down if necessary
- Lower your voice–speak from your diaphragm
- Project your voice–use energy when you speak
- Use appropriate animation
* Gain experience–practice makes perfect.
Make the most of your presentation. Be confident and just be yourself. Everything is in your hands.