This module will enable Candidates to develop their knowledge and skills in using social media resources effectively both in their personal and professional lives. Candidates will understand why organisations use social media and be aware of the resources necessary for an organisation to use social media tools effectively and safely.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Goal of the course
- Develop knowledge and skills in using social media resource
- To know the fundamentals of creating and managing social media presence
- Different social media platforms can target different audiences
- Follow relevant news feeds
- Be aware of the responsibilities associated with the safe use of social media
- The importance of managing online reputation
- Understand what Social Media is
Social Media is transforming many aspects of modern society, as it has had a radical effect on the way we communicate with each other. Share, Exchange, info, ideas, video, etc.
Facebook/Twitter : allow us to instantly share our thoughts and ideas with others
Flickr/YouTube : allow us to upload photos/video
LinkedIn : allows us to make new connections and source new business
Google+ : allows users to share content with others, and also enable us to engage in video chat with up to 10 people
- Know the fundamentals of creating and managing social media presences on common social media platforms both for personal and business purposes.
- Understand how different social media platforms can be used by organisations to target different audiences,
- Understand how various social media platforms can be used to promote their organisation as well as its products and services.
- Be aware of the responsibilities associated with the safe use of social media and will be aware of privacy and data protection issues
- Appreciate the importance of managing online reputation and will understand the need for organisations to have a social media online reputation plan.
- Know how to develop a simple social media policy document for an organisation to monitor online conversations.
- Understand how to prevent a social media crisis and how to respond to such a crisis
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to social media.
- Certifies best practice in effective us of social media.
- Developed with input from social media users subject matter experts and practicing social media professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content
- Practice of listening, understanding , interpreting and evaluating with people have to say about the organization.
- Listening to various social media platforms
What you want from Social Media?
- Clear defined goals and objectives that set the path for a course of action to achieve those goals.
- Consider your online identity and the messages you want to convey
- What products or services are you offering
- What differentiates what you do from your competitors
- What social media activitirs are undertaken by your competitors
- Who are your customers. What do you know about them
Elements of social media program
- Careful choose who will be responsible for execution of the plan
- Ensure appropriate social media policy are in place. Should not be offensive
- Know your target audience
- Continuously engage in a positive manner
- Identify your goals and quantify them where possible
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 815
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes