Health Information Systems Usage
This module is suitable for users of patient data systems, such as doctors, nurses, and healthcare support staff. It defines the skills necessary for staff to operate a Health Information System (HIS) efficiently and securely. It recognizes the importance of educating and empowering the end user at all levels and for all professions. It builds on and complements professional education and practice principles, and generic ICT skills, to cover the increasingly important area where computer systems used in the health sector may challenge both established professional practice and good data management.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the key features of a Health Information System (HIS).
- Use a HIS safely and efficiently.
- Understand the ethics, rules and regulations relating to HIS.
- Understand confidentiality, security and access control when using a HIS.
- Understand and interpret electronically recorded data.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 Week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 226
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes